No language my rapture can tell...

Redeemed—how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed through His infinite mercy,
His child, and forever, I am.
Redeemed, redeemed,
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed, redeemed,
His child, and forever, I am.
Redeemed and so happy in Jesus,
No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence
With me doth continually dwell.
I think of my blessed Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long;
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song.
I know I shall see in His beauty
The King in whose way I delight;
Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps,
And giveth me songs in the night.




I probably wouldn't seem like a "hymnal" type of person to you, but this one and a few others bring me to my knees when I really meditate on the words.

"Redeemed how I love to proclaim it, Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb," as in tell the whole world, not keeping it in, making a declaration of the one who saved me from a lonely, dark, miserable place called hell. Is that how I feel about my Savior? The one who did that for me and for you? The one that loves me beyond any human comparison and even when I turn away he STILL loves?

'Redeemed through his infinite mercy, his child and forever I am..." His infinite mercy, he continues forgiving, he continues loving me with my flaws because He knows that I'm imperfect in every sense of the word and even calls me his child! FOREVER, the bond that only he can keep (I couldn't, I'm confined within time). Our heavenly father will love us, regardless of the fact that we fall short.

(Repeat) Just imagine what that does when you've been thinking about the first verse, and then listening to it again.. (:

"Redeemed and so happy in Jesus, no language my rapture can tell..." Contentment is something that screams at me when I listen to these words. Not worrying about what this world wants, but being so caught up in the splendor of a Holy God who sent His only Son who wants me to give Him honor and praise, all the while it brings joy to my soul. *Sighs* How beautiful/blessed/satisfied is the one whose desire is that!

"I know that the light of his presence with me doth continually dwell..." That I am to be that person, who is so happy in Jesus that they see the light of his presence. Am I being the mirror that makes the light shine? or am I the shade that blocks the light?

"I think of my blessed redeemer, I think of him all the day long..." Oh goodness, I know I need help with this one.

"I sing for I cannot be silent, his love is the theme of my song..." I do what I do to bring about glory for him and him alone. (: For he is the one who deserves it all.

"I know I shall see in his beauty, the king in whose way I delight..." His beauty, unfathomable, un explainable. Incredible. That I should delight in doing what He wants just for that sheer fact. Usually, the one you love is the one who is beautiful to you, and you would delight in doing anything for them just because you love them.

"Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps and giveth me songs in the night." He directs, he guides, he leads, it's up to me to give him the reigns everyday, to say "you can have them, I only want to go where you want to go." And when I'm afraid God, you whisper songs in my ear that not only put to death darkness that could be present in my life, but also bring me comfort.


You had no idea did you? (:

I hope your week has been wonderful dear readers,

Bethany J

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17