Gimme a Run-down... (Psalm 130:3-7)
[3] If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
[4] But with you there is forgiveness,
that you may be feared.
[5] I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
[6] my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning.
[7] O Israel, hope in the LORD!
For with the LORD there is steadfast love,
and with him is plentiful redemption.
(Psalm 130:3-7 ESV)
Who can stand before an all-knowing God? He knows all your sins, the past ones, the present ones, and the future ones. They are before Him, laid out, bare.. (Verse 3) Because of these sins, running back to God whose forgiveness is abundant would only seem like the most logical thing to do. By doing this, causes us to worship Him in His majesty, because we know that our sins are dreadful. They are the opposite of holy and do not need to be in the presence of a Holy God. (Verse 4)
When I am enthralled with my Creator, all that I care about is doing what He wants me to do, and waiting on His command in His timing. (Verses 5 & 6) If His words bring Hope to me, then that would have to mean that HE is HOPE. Hope is only found in the one who provides it! (Verse 5) For with God there is hope and steadfast love, the author and the provider of Life.. (Verse 7)
Can you believe that just 4 little, itty bitty verses pack all that?!? I don't know what to really say.. Except that I LOVE GOD'S WORD! (You knew that one was coming..) (:
Have a blessed week dear reader,
Bethany J