What a memory verse taught me...

“This is the message which we have heard from God and declare to you that God is light and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with Him and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all our sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.”
1 John 1:5-8


God is light; He reveals things in our life so that we become more like the image of His Son. The part I really would like to focus on is verse 8 which says;

“If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.” I John 1:8



Since we know that God is light, His word (in a sense) “lights up” the dark areas of our life. Also we know that God is truth and in John 17, Jesus talks about how those who are of this world hate the truth because the truth is not of this world.

“I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.”
John 17:14-17


So what does this say to me? How does this change my perspective of anything?
Should this encourage me to do anything different with my spiritual walk?

This is what I got:


If I am not in His word, I am not in the fellowship that I could be with Him.

Simple as that. God desires that we should be in fellowship with Him. That we become more like His son. that we are the tools that He uses to bring glory to Him.

*Sighs*

How great are you God! That you willingly write down what you have me to learn, that I may bring you the praise and honor when I read your truth! That you choose to light up the areas of my life that need to be fixed, and do it because you love me and desire that I become more and more like your son.

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17