490 person prayer challenge... (:
Lately I've been convicted about how I spend too much time on Facebook, and not enough time in prayer. So, in order to combat this, I will be praying for all my Facebook friends for the next two months. All 490 of them. That's 5 people per day from June 4th - August 27th. Hey, that's what Facebook is for right? (:
Today was my first day. But yesterday as I was writing all the names down on my calendar, I've realized that I have a lot of friends that need a lot of prayer. SO convicting! That I don't even take the time to look at what my friends are going through and don't take (like 2 minutes) to pray for them... Man.
So, if you would like to join me in my challenge.. you can.
Start off by getting a printable calendar and print out June- August 2011 (if you need more months than that, go for it).
Make a rough estimate of how many days (total). Take the number of friends you have on Facebook and divide it by the number of days.
Write down the amount of people per day everyday of the months you picked.
Here's what mine kinda looks like:
Total friends: 490
Total days: 90
Friends per day: 5-ish
Today was my first day. But yesterday as I was writing all the names down on my calendar, I've realized that I have a lot of friends that need a lot of prayer. SO convicting! That I don't even take the time to look at what my friends are going through and don't take (like 2 minutes) to pray for them... Man.
So, if you would like to join me in my challenge.. you can.
Start off by getting a printable calendar and print out June- August 2011 (if you need more months than that, go for it).
Make a rough estimate of how many days (total). Take the number of friends you have on Facebook and divide it by the number of days.
Write down the amount of people per day everyday of the months you picked.
Here's what mine kinda looks like:
Total friends: 490Total days: 90
Friends per day: 5-ish