Today's Word... :)
"Princes persecute me without cause, but my heart stands in awe of your words.
(162) I rejoice at your word like one who finds great spoil. (163) I hate and abhor falsehood,
but I love your law. (164) Seven times a day I praise you for your righteous rules.
(165) Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble.
(166) I hope for your salvation, O Lord, and I do your commandments. (167) My soul keeps your testimonies; I love them exceedingly. (168) I keep your precepts and testimonies,
for all my ways are before you." Psalm 119:161-168
This is what I read in my quiet time.. I would have to say, it was pretty mind blowing.
Look at verse 161, the last part says "..but my heart stands in awe of your words" even in the midst of "Princes persecute me without cause...". Can I do that? Can I be in awe of God and his holiness and righteousness even in the midst of drama? Or in the midst of loneliness? What about when I'm heartbroken, can I put aside the way I feel to come before God who loves me and gave himself (Jesus) for me?
Now, look at verse 165, it says "Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble..". How awesome is that?!? God gives us peace, and the ability to make solid decisions without worrying what will happen next. We live in a world full of war, worry, welfare, and world-ending... God give us the peace we need when we are in love with his law. :)
Obviously, you can see that I very much enjoyed what God's Word provided today. It was amazing... :D
Bethany J
(162) I rejoice at your word like one who finds great spoil. (163) I hate and abhor falsehood,
but I love your law. (164) Seven times a day I praise you for your righteous rules.
(165) Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble.
(166) I hope for your salvation, O Lord, and I do your commandments. (167) My soul keeps your testimonies; I love them exceedingly. (168) I keep your precepts and testimonies,
for all my ways are before you." Psalm 119:161-168
This is what I read in my quiet time.. I would have to say, it was pretty mind blowing.
Look at verse 161, the last part says "..but my heart stands in awe of your words" even in the midst of "Princes persecute me without cause...". Can I do that? Can I be in awe of God and his holiness and righteousness even in the midst of drama? Or in the midst of loneliness? What about when I'm heartbroken, can I put aside the way I feel to come before God who loves me and gave himself (Jesus) for me?
Now, look at verse 165, it says "Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble..". How awesome is that?!? God gives us peace, and the ability to make solid decisions without worrying what will happen next. We live in a world full of war, worry, welfare, and world-ending... God give us the peace we need when we are in love with his law. :)
Obviously, you can see that I very much enjoyed what God's Word provided today. It was amazing... :D
Bethany J