The evolutionary thorn...

So for the past two days I have been studying as all get out (basically to the point of tears). And just a few moments ago, I finished the last test in my online Biology class.

I strongly dislike online classes, there I said it. I am a "physically sit in the class" type of girl. And Biology is not my strong point. But God has some thing better up his sleeve (even though I don't think he has sleeves) for my life right now. Last night I felt as if I was failing, not earning what I should have to give God the glory, but sometimes there are moments that God just wants to break you down so that even more of his glory can shine.


"So to keep me from being conceited because of the surpassing greatness of revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me, But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
((2 Corinthians 12:7-9))

I really don't know what God is up to, and I am so thankful that He chooses to work in my life regardless of what I think is best. Quite honestly, I want to do what God would have for me to do, not what I think is right. (Yeah, that Jim Elliot quote...most definitely a motto right now)

The only way I can graduate with an AA degree is to take this biology class (and the 2nd part as well). I thought I had my life figured out, but God is basically telling me to hold up.. Here was my plan:
Fall 2010 - Take 6 classes at FSCJ to earn the remaining credits for AA degree.
Spring 2011 - Attend Word of Life Bible Institute.
Fall 2012 - Use AA to transfer to University of South Florida, and continue education there until I earned a Speech-Language Pathology degree.

As of Last night I am now attending Word of Life Bible Institute in the Fall of 2011, and then continuing my education in the Fall of 2012 at USF (unless God says otherwise). That means I am to stay put here, until I have finished earning my degree..

I have wanted to be at WOLBI since 8th grade, so you could imagine that I was most definitely on my knees about this. But then I looked at what I could do, and how I could give God even more glory than I originally intended. Yes, I am still slightly sad that I have to wait, but God knows all he has for me and I want to "Keep on, Keepin' on." for Him..



Bethany J

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17