Psalm 23:4

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me." - Psalm 23:4

{History Blurb}
In Egypt the Pharaoh would hold a Crook (Staff) and a Flail (Rod) in all the paintings. In the verse the Staff and the Rod are showing how God has the ultimate authority. So, knowing this I can place my confidence in a God who really knows what he is doing. Not to mention he knows what is best.

Lately, I know that God is preparing me for something important. I don't exactly know what it is, but I do know that learning with eyes wide open would be the best bet. God has been showing me that I really don't need all these "extra people" to praise him. I can praise with just me & him. One on one. (Which is really how it ought to be) Yes, I miss my sweet encouragements, and yes I miss hanging out with my friends. Quite honestly, that doesn't matter & what really matters is that I am doing what I was created to do. "..worship and praise him, the Lord of Lords.."

So, no matter what kind of situation I have to deal with, no matter how many times I think I'm walking on my own... God is always there by my side, comforting me. How awesome is that?!?


I certaintly hope you found that as interesting as I did.. :) You are amazing, just sayin'.


Bethany J

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17