The 10:45pm episode of insight...

So, it's not normally a custom of me to write on a blog at 10:29 at night but, I figured something really important would come out of this shin-dig.

This little fish likes her coral....

I have a special place, it's where I can think, feel, act, and breathe freely. Lately I've learned that my special place has gotten invaded. Not because I wanted it to, of course. God is trying to teach me a lesson, no matter how much I want my space, I'm not going to give up an opportunity to learn. Elizabeth Elliot made a point in her book "Passion and Purity" that when you ask God to take away a painful urge or a painful situation, you aren't going to grow. Sometimes God has to riup the weeds right out from underneath you.

This fish likes her friends....

For real, God is really trying to teach me something... I love my friends, I love the time I spend with them. I've learned that all friendships take time. Lately, I haven't been able to spend time with my friends who are close to my heart. It's not that I'm too busy, it's because God wants me to learn something. I may not understand all that the Lord is trying to teach me. I may not like it either, but His will is so much better than my own.

Bethany J

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17