When Love Doesn't Want to Travel That Far

I just want to share something that has a large presence in my life. Which is really cool if you hold your head just right and stick your tongue out. I am in a crazy, not how I planned at all, relationship. Most days involves me praying for and sending notes to Sweet Thang ( that'll just be his name for now).  Most days involves him being crazy busy, and maybe responding, but maybe not. To people close to him, I might come off as needy, but I would beg to differ. To people close to me, I'm crazy.  This relationship forces me to love from afar. Which, quite honestly, I know is very good for me. But there are days when love doesn't want to travel that far. 

This is when the love of God surpasses ours. 
When our love doesn't want to travel very far.

Our love only loves when we are loved in return. 
God's love, loves regardless.

2 Thessalonians 2:16 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace,

It doesn't say: "when we love him in return".


Our love only loves when it's cheap.
God's love is costly.

Ephesians 5:2 - And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

It doesn't say: "when it was convenient and easy to love".


What does this have anything to do with my relationship to Sweet Thang? Honestly, there are moments when I really, really, struggle. When I would rather withold my love, or not allow it to travel too far. It is those moments when my Sweet, Sweet Savior whispers to my heart. "Bethany, are you truly being loving right now? Are you being a different type of help-mate to Sweet Thang? Are you being thankful for the sweet gift I give? Are you questioning my goodness in this plan I have for you? If so, let me push your love farther than you'd want it to go. Let me minister when you don't always feel loved. Let me whisper to your heart. For by it, and by my love will you understand what it truly means." 


I pray that my love becomes a long distance love, an extravagant love, and a costly love. But it will never happen, unless I surrender my love to God's love. 




post signature

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17