What Good Does an Empty Pitcher Do?
I work in Customer Service, I work with Teenagers at Church. I "put out fires" so to speak, all day long, and even longer on Wednesday Nights.
I am running on empty.
Don't get me wrong, I am refreshed when I listen to the teaching of God's Word, my soul is revived when I read and meditate on God's Word. But yet, I am still empty. There is a void.
That void is discipleship. Real life discipleship. Life of one with life of another.
There reaches a point where you cannot grow on your own. Sorry, it just can't be done. If someone tells you it can, run away. How do I know?
Look at Jesus' ministry, tell me where HE walked alone. Did He? Yes, but only for a short time. (40 days....) Look at the authors of the New Testament, did they walk alone? Nope.
So why should we? We, who do so many types of ministry. We who write encouraging blogs, and books, and take those painting classes with fancy script verses!
WE SHOULDN'T WALK ALONE. This is the basis for why we have Sunday School.
But even Sunday School Teachers, need not to walk alone.
So, here I am the empty pitcher, and I don't want to walk alone anymore.
Join me, pray with me. Let's not walk alone.
I am running on empty.
Don't get me wrong, I am refreshed when I listen to the teaching of God's Word, my soul is revived when I read and meditate on God's Word. But yet, I am still empty. There is a void.
That void is discipleship. Real life discipleship. Life of one with life of another.
There reaches a point where you cannot grow on your own. Sorry, it just can't be done. If someone tells you it can, run away. How do I know?
Look at Jesus' ministry, tell me where HE walked alone. Did He? Yes, but only for a short time. (40 days....) Look at the authors of the New Testament, did they walk alone? Nope.
So why should we? We, who do so many types of ministry. We who write encouraging blogs, and books, and take those painting classes with fancy script verses!
WE SHOULDN'T WALK ALONE. This is the basis for why we have Sunday School.
But even Sunday School Teachers, need not to walk alone.
So, here I am the empty pitcher, and I don't want to walk alone anymore.
Join me, pray with me. Let's not walk alone.