To My Fellow Co- Laborer
Dear Co-Laborer in Christ,
First off I'd like to thank you for bearing with me in patience, and being supportive of this ministry we share. Secondly, as difficult as it might be in showing such patience, I ask that you even still, show me grace. I have spiritual battles, just like you. My battles are different, because we are in different stages of sanctification. The wisdom that the Lord has granted to you, looks different than the wisdom he's granted to me. In the moments where I may not use the as much wisdom that I should have, I need you to tell me so.
At this position of leadership, I am responsible to give correct instruction (by God's grace) to students. I am accountable to God for that instruction, and a life that correctly lives it out. By telling me where I may have strayed, you are saving the mind, heart, and soul of a student. You are also making me more like our sweet Savior. As much as it may initially hurt, I need that chisel. Please keep this in mind as you walk with me in ministry. I cannot promise you that I will be happy with that instruction. Because
honestly, I won't be happy at all. I'll be hurt, and vulnerable, and I'll be mad that I was even at that point. But this road we travel is narrow, and I need you to warn me when I'm on the edge.
Will you keep walking? Will you labor with me?