Step by Step...

Psalm 69:30&31
"I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving. This will please the Lord more than an ox or a bull with horns and hoofs."

Sunday Morning, my pastor was talking about worship. How true worship is not found in the way music is played, but by the condition of the heart for which the believer is singing/ playing with. The very next day, I read my quite time and came across these words.. How many more things can God put in front of me, to show me something?

Sunday afternoon, my ensemble director wanted me to come in early. Turns out, she was planning on giving me a solo for a song in ensemble. God of course, was behind it all. I'm pretty sure that this is the lesson he is wanting me to learn. I thought that witnessing to a guy in my class was the lesson, but it really wasn't. My pastor had said something like... you can't be enthusiastic about reaching the lost until you are enthusiastic about worshipping God. Hmm, definately a connection there..

So, this is how it works..
1. God convicts me that I'm not being a good witness for him.
2. God shows me that my heart is not in the state of worship, where it needs to be.
3. He is gracious to show me my problems, and tugs on me to change them..
How amazing! That God would do all that work to help me become more like Christ, and to fall more in LOVE with him!

Bethany J

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}