All mixed up, a truth I learned...
I recently learned something about people that I didn't know about before. In order for a person to function correctly they need all the "ingredients" to make life easy to swallow. Now, for me to better understand this whole dealio thing.. I had to put verses that show how God has all the ingredients for us already.
1. Physiological Needs: Our most basic needs. Food, shelter, and water. God has already supplied our every need. Seriously!
Philippians 4:19
"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
2. Safety Needs: The need for feeling safe. Well, we have God to fight on our side. So, what do we have to fear?
"The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?"- Psalm 27:1
3. Belongingness and Love Needs: The need for realtionships. When we accept Jesus as our savior, we become as an adopted son/daughter to the King of Kings. Families stick together.
Romans 8:12-17
"So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him."
4. Esteem Needs:the need for feeling like one is worth something. Well, if God has taken the time to form us, why do we struggle with this?
"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well."- Psalm 139:14
5. Self-Actualization Needs: the need to fill one's potiential. God made us for His glory, to obey Him, to love Him, to worship Him.
1. Physiological Needs: Our most basic needs. Food, shelter, and water. God has already supplied our every need. Seriously!
Philippians 4:19
"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
2. Safety Needs: The need for feeling safe. Well, we have God to fight on our side. So, what do we have to fear?
"The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?"- Psalm 27:1
3. Belongingness and Love Needs: The need for realtionships. When we accept Jesus as our savior, we become as an adopted son/daughter to the King of Kings. Families stick together.
Romans 8:12-17
"So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him."
4. Esteem Needs:the need for feeling like one is worth something. Well, if God has taken the time to form us, why do we struggle with this?
"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well."- Psalm 139:14
5. Self-Actualization Needs: the need to fill one's potiential. God made us for His glory, to obey Him, to love Him, to worship Him.
"The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." -Ecclesiastes 12:13
"And Jesus answered him, “It is written,“‘You shall worship the Lord your God,
and him only shall you serve.’” " -Luke 4:8
Nifty huh?