So I started with....

PROTREPŌ
lit., to turn forward, propel (pro, before, trepō, to turn); hence, to impel morally to urge forward, encourage. (Vine's Dictionary of Old and New testament Words)

Hebrews 3:13
"But exhort one another everyday, as long as it is called "today", that none of you may be hardended by the decietfulness of sin."

a verse before says...

Verse 12:
"Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God."

So, that would imply that encouraging one another to live a life that is commited to God would lead you away from having a heart that strays from the truth.


Verse 14 says:
"For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end."

Holding our original confidence firm to the end.

The last place I knew that the term "to the end" was used was in John 13:1

John 13:1
"Jesus Washes the Disciples' Feet
Now before the Feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour had come to depart out of this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end."


"to the end" referred to Jesus as loving them with all he's got.

So, that would mean that we need to hold our confidence (in Christ) firm to the end. With all the strength that we have.
__________________________________________________

I don't know if you thought that was cool, but I certainly did. I hope to do another one of these soon. :)

- Bethany J

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}