The Enormity of Being Chosen
15 No longer do I call you servants,1 for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.
16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. John 15:15-16
To be chosen. For someone to actively choose another person, to spend a life with, to play on a team with, to enjoy eternity with.
Two weeks ago, I was chosen. The man who I prayed for will now be the one I pray with. Enjoying this side of eternity with him is very exciting. For him to choose me is astounding. I'm full of qwirks, I mess up daily, why would he choose me?
1004 weeks ago, I chose God. The God of the Universe who loved me and gave himself up for me. Who prayed for me (John 17). Turns out, He chose me before I ever thought of choosing him. (See John 15:16). For God to choose me is unbelievable. I'm a sinner, and deserve hell. Why would He choose me?
The answer is simple really, to both questions, it's the same.
Love.
Love chose you before the beginning of the world.
Love chooses you everyday before you wake up. Before the make up and the fresh breath.
Love speaks to you when you need a soft word of encouragement.
Love declares truth when you are overwhelmed in a world of lies.
You are chosen, love. Love has chosen you.
Bethany J