Turn it Around

I can't stand arguments. I can sense an argumentative spirit from a mile away. I think everyone can have their own opinion, God made them that way. However, the manner in which you speak your opinion tells me the type of character you have. I am all about soft answers turning away wrath (Proverbs 15:1). In fact, last Sunday my Pastor spoke on anger found in Proverbs. Oh boy, that's relevant. It's even more so when all I see is fellow believers getting bothered over cups.



Picture from Starbucks.com

Apparently, Starbucks is making a statement through their design of the Annual Red Cups. To a Believer, the cup screams "We hate Christ and all things Christian / Christmas". But what I don't understand is how can you take the hard-heart and politically correctness of man, and just let it bother you? How can you not do something about it?

Let me tell you something, people are creative. For example, do you know that the Wordless Book (Gold, Black, Red, White, Green) was the combined efforts of an unnamed preacher, D.L. Moody, Fanny Crosby, and Amy Carmichael. How many times have you seen the Wordless Book be used? It's just paper, or beads, or cloth. There is nothing particularly holy about those items. But when used to share the Gospel they can be one of the most powerful tools you could use. 

Why can't you do the same with a cup? Why does it surprise anyone  that our culture is offended with Christ? Here's an idea, rather than letting a little red cup just steal your Christmas Joy, share the Gospel. 

Red: The blood of Christ shed on the cross for us.
White: The result of that blood cleansing our sins.
Green: A new life we have in Christ.

A cup is made with a specific purpose, whoever invented the idea of a cup has changed the world FOREVER. Like a cup, we are made with a specific purpose. We are made to bring glory to God. 

There are few things that bother me, being a stench and not perfume to this world is close to the top. We are the aroma of Christ, how are you smelling to others? Are you the aroma of life or death? Granted, there are days when I don't smell so great, I've been forgiven of those. But I pray that my aroma is one of life, that people want to know who my Savior is.



post signature

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}