Fast-Forward {A Review}
Normally, people who blog would be much better and have their 2014 review post already written. But I don't follow those trends. (Obviously!) So, in a transparent fashion I will give you a brief review of what went on this year.
2014
January:
- God laid on my heart that I should adopt a child (internationally) one day.
- I was being taught through loneliness who God is. I am never alone, even if I feel like I am.
- Learned a valuable lesson through rejection, that God does know what I need.
February:
- God brought a WONDERFUL guy into my life in a way I didn't expect. (We'll call him February) He quickly (like a whirlwind) became my best friend just after the loneliest January I've ever experienced. I don't think you fall in love with someone, you grow in love with them. Over the course of several months and countless hours on the phone, I grew in love.
March:
- My Boss informs me of his departure. Also informing me of my job and what it will look like.
- Relationship is on hold with February.
- Made decision to leave WOL and continue education.
April:
- New Boss.
- Relationship rekindles with February. Plans are made to meet up in May.
May:
- Went home for Mother's Day.
- Applied and accepted at TBC (Trinity Baptist College).
- Had date(s) with February.
- Visited Philadelphia, PA for the first time.
June:
- Had last two weeks of work.
- Moved from Upstate NY to FL.
- Broke up with February, and learned one of the hardest lessons on love I have ever learned.
- Served at MS (Middle School) camp.
July:
- Served at MS camp again.
- Started a job at a restaurant.
July feelings:
- Started to feel depressed, not having a vibrant relationship with Christ as I used to. Worn out and tired.
August:
- Started school.
- Left job at restaurant.
August feelings:
- I was getting easily stressed and overwhelmed.
September:
- Started a new job working with kids.
- Started serving in Middle School Ministry at church.
September feelings:
- Hoped that by changing my surroundings, and giving of myself, I would start to "feel" better. While this worked for a little bit, it didn't last.
October:
- Attended a Biblical Counseling Conference . LOVED IT.
November:
- Organized first visitation blitz for my Sunday School class.
- Attended the Conference again. Learned the important lesson of forgiveness.
- Served at Evangelism Bootcamp. Taught a lesson on how to end an evangelistic conversation.
November feelings:
- Like a weight as been lifted. Nothing is better than removing the barrier between you and the Lord.
December:
- Served at Christmas Ministry.
- Celebrated the Holidays with my family.
December feelings:
- Thankful to be with my family, and looking forward to God's faithfulness.
As you can see, my year was heavily loaded with important lessons. I know that this life will not be easy, and I am so thankful to see how God shows Himself to me in the way that He did. He is faithful.
May this next year scream and shout of God's faithfulness.
With Joy,
2014
January:
- God laid on my heart that I should adopt a child (internationally) one day.
- I was being taught through loneliness who God is. I am never alone, even if I feel like I am.
- Learned a valuable lesson through rejection, that God does know what I need.
February:
- God brought a WONDERFUL guy into my life in a way I didn't expect. (We'll call him February) He quickly (like a whirlwind) became my best friend just after the loneliest January I've ever experienced. I don't think you fall in love with someone, you grow in love with them. Over the course of several months and countless hours on the phone, I grew in love.
March:
- My Boss informs me of his departure. Also informing me of my job and what it will look like.
- Relationship is on hold with February.
- Made decision to leave WOL and continue education.
April:
- New Boss.
- Relationship rekindles with February. Plans are made to meet up in May.
May:
- Went home for Mother's Day.
- Applied and accepted at TBC (Trinity Baptist College).
- Had date(s) with February.
- Visited Philadelphia, PA for the first time.
June:
- Had last two weeks of work.
- Moved from Upstate NY to FL.
- Broke up with February, and learned one of the hardest lessons on love I have ever learned.
- Served at MS (Middle School) camp.
July:
- Served at MS camp again.
- Started a job at a restaurant.
July feelings:
- Started to feel depressed, not having a vibrant relationship with Christ as I used to. Worn out and tired.
August:
- Started school.
- Left job at restaurant.
August feelings:
- I was getting easily stressed and overwhelmed.
September:
- Started a new job working with kids.
- Started serving in Middle School Ministry at church.
September feelings:
- Hoped that by changing my surroundings, and giving of myself, I would start to "feel" better. While this worked for a little bit, it didn't last.
October:
- Attended a Biblical Counseling Conference . LOVED IT.
November:
- Organized first visitation blitz for my Sunday School class.
- Attended the Conference again. Learned the important lesson of forgiveness.
- Served at Evangelism Bootcamp. Taught a lesson on how to end an evangelistic conversation.
November feelings:
- Like a weight as been lifted. Nothing is better than removing the barrier between you and the Lord.
December:
- Served at Christmas Ministry.
- Celebrated the Holidays with my family.
December feelings:
- Thankful to be with my family, and looking forward to God's faithfulness.
As you can see, my year was heavily loaded with important lessons. I know that this life will not be easy, and I am so thankful to see how God shows Himself to me in the way that He did. He is faithful.
May this next year scream and shout of God's faithfulness.
With Joy,