Planned -with Great Detail.





Do you ever go through your life just wondering if God has a plan? I know for the past year I have been wondering that. Trying to guess God's plans as I am trying to sort out some of my own. Here recently I have taken a look at my life, to see what has God been preparing me for.

I know now.

It's Overseas Missions.

Since I was a little girl, I have been scared of going anywhere other than my hometown. However, I just knew, in the back of my mind, that I was supposed to go.This is not a comforting thought to a five year old, a preteen, or an 18 year old. A constant battle I was trying to fight against. Especially if you were home schooled..

During my bringing up I looked to 3 ladies older than me who inspire me to become more like Christ. Do you know where each one of them are now? On the mission field, bringing hope to the hopeless, and the gospel to those who have never heard.

Coincidence? No, planned. God knew.

I am a planner. I love to plan out all the little details on how to bless someone, whether it's their birthday, or a special event. But that doesn't stop there, I LOVE planning my life.

So does God.

The difference is, that God's plans are perfect, complete, lacking in nothing, and glorifying to him. Mine are not.

Three years ago, this month, I was convinced I was going to the University of South Florida to major in Speech Language Pathology (becoming a Speech Therapist). I knew a wonderful Woman of God whose favorite aspect of her job is to travel. Traveling all over the world to help people speak. This thought terrified me. I was just happy working in a Christian School, or even opening my own Clinic, ministering to the community I'm placed in.

Thank the LORD this was not his plan! He was preparing me for missions, whether I knew it or not.

That Summer (2011) I spent in Springfield Massachusetts. I learned about Urban Missions, loving on those who live in housing projects, ministering to the homeless, and working actively in church.

I fell in love with the church, wanting to be a Pastor's Wife (you need a pastor / husband for that) or an LCM (Local Church Missionary, which you also need a husband for). God did not have that for me.

He had (has) something better. 

For the past year, desiring to work in the local church, doing children's ministry and youth ministry. Then a friend of mine challenged me (which she often did and does still). "Bethany, why do you have to be here in the states, in your comfort zone, to do those things?" "Can't you be overseas and do the same ministry you are passionate about?"

These thoughts have rang through my ears. God started taking me apart, one plan after another. Disassembling my dreams, to replace them with his.

As I searched and prayed during this season, my boss was transitioning into a new role, one God had made just for him. I looked up to his leadership, and encouragement. He gave me most of my workflow from day to day. A large part of this story is that, I agreed to work at my current job for 2 years. This year is the second year.

Coincidence? No.

Now, here's the crazy part. In the next two years, if this is what I am considering doing, God had planned it for me from the beginning! Take a look...

In the next two years:

Apply for the Journeyman Program (2-3 year commitment on a foreign mission field, training for missionary work)

Requirements:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree
- Be Involved with a Southern Baptist Church for a minimum of 2 years.


Bethany's timeline (for now, and subject to change)
- Get her Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (24 Months- AKA 2 years)
- Work in the Middle School department at her local (home) church, a Southern Baptist Church.


 Here is what I have been learning, and it is something that God alone can do. He is constantly reassuring my heart, leading me by the hand, taking me upon the waters where I know my feet will fail.

Now, I don't completely understand all the details. But I know that so far, God has proven time and time again that HE is faithful and will not leave me. He even said so!


 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on 
earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, 
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 
teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, 
I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

(Matthew 28:18-20 ESV)

 If you are at any point struggling with knowing whether or not God knows what He is doing, He does. Even though on this side of eternity, it may not seem clear at the moment. I hope this is an encouragement to you, knowing that God does indeed know what He is doing, not just in my life, but yours as well.

Mind Blown by His Love,


post signature

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}