Feeling the Relentless Pursuit
Yesterday I started "listening" to Jesus + Nothing = Everything by Tullian Tchividjian, I'm only on chapter 3 and my socks have been blessed clear off. Through this post I hope to share a truth (or rather, truths) with you that I pray will bless your socks off too.
We have a built in human hunger for everything.
Within us is a desire and drive to find the answers to our identity, our purpose and meaning in life. However, in our sinful flesh, we do not automatically strive for the one who is everything.
God is everything.
God, who is everything, relentlessly pursues us. He is non-stop, unending, persistent, constant, in his pursuit of us.
We do not pursue God, he pursues us. Not only does He pursue us, He chooses us, and wants us.
In my human mind, if something is dirty and dead, I am not going to pick it up. Sorry, but no thank you. In a drastic comparison, God picks us up.
He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
But, we get distracted. We think that having a vibrant, complete, beautiful, purposeful relationship with God is not enough and we'd rather live for something created than the creator. Knowing our straying, idol-making hearts, He pursues us anyway.
The Gospel
The cross is the ultimate act of love, the one who fully God, fully man, perfect and passionate died for you. So that you, can have a relationship with the one who pursues your soul. Yes, the Gospel is initial good-news for those who don't have such a relationship. But, it's also for the ones who are living in amnesia and forget about the one who loves them so, and are too focused and busy living a "righteous life".
This might take a while to comprehend, but I pray that it will bless you and give you a small glimpse into what the Lord is currently rocking my world about.
Feeling His pursuit,