Wait for HIM there...

I haven't written since May, my word, much has happened since then! I have moved, changed jobs (same place, same department, different role), and the LORD has taught me much.

However, the most recent (and current) lesson is the one of waiting. Waiting on the Lord.
This is not an easy lesson to learn, and it definitely shows me how impatient I truly am. In comparison, how truly patient HE is with all of my antics and my impatient heart.

Waiting on the Lord means to trust His timing. To give up your rights and your timetable to the Lord.

Honestly, for me... This is a hard pill to swallow.

Do you realize how many times the Bible says to "wait on the Lord". When you search it on the esvbible.org you will find 87 results. Granted, some are "those who wait to take my life" (or something along those lines). However, the others are "wait on the name of the Lord" "wait, for You, O Lord are our Salvation".

The key to waiting is understanding the one who's answer we are waiting for, God's. I cannot boast in the fact that "I'm waiting for (insert something significant here)....." For sheer waiting is only half, it is knowing the One whose answer matters.

Thus says the Lord“Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares theLord.” (Jeremiah 9:23-24, ESV)


I will wait for You there 
Down on my knees where I met You 
Give You all of my cares 
Find a grace to hold onto now 
I’m calling for You 
Phil Wickham  (I will wait for you there)



Remember who you are waiting for, Jesus Christ.


Waiting and Seeking the Lord,

post signature

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17