All packed up and ready to go...
" Blessed be the Lord, Who bears our burdens and carries us day by day, even the God Who is our salvation! Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!"
Psalm 68:19 AMP
In NKJV this verse says:
"Blessed be the Lord,
Who daily loads us with benefits,
The God of our salvation! Selah"
Psalm 68:19 NKJV
I love both versions of this verse so much. It's like give praise to God because you are going on a journey and He has already packed the car for you! Give praise to God because He gives you rest at the end of your journey and the breaks on your journey.
What a God we serve!
On a personal note,today is really a "let's truck through this because I have too" day, I really just want to curl up in silence and not talk to anyone. However, that kind of attitude is not pleasing to the Lord, especially when He has given me a job to do! I really have to hold onto this treasure today, realizing that my God, who knows me best, who packs my bags for my everyday journey, is carrying me today even when I don't understand myself.
In addition to this beautiful verse I was reading "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young for today.
"...This is the day that I have made. I want you to rejoice today, refusing to worry about tomorrow. Search for all that I have prepared for you, anticipating abundant blessings and accepting difficulties as they come. I can weave miracles into the most mundane day if you keep your focus on me." -Jesus Calling [January 17th]
Lord,
Thank you for this day, you knew that I was going to read this. You knew that I was not going to understand myself very well today. You knew that I was going to be weak, yet you gave me a promise of strength. Thank you for the quiet moments to spend time with you. Help me find more. Amen.