Overwhelming Love
Here recently I have felt alone. It is perhaps one of the most terrible moods one could possibly be in, especially a for a believer, especially for being a young lady.When I thought, “My foot slips,”your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up.When the cares of my heart are many,your consolations cheer my soul.(Psalm 94:18-19 ESV)
Until....
The Lord has been so patient and loving with me, it is simply unreal. To break this terrible curse, he simply blew my mind.
God loves me. Really. Is it that simple?
How dare I even start to think that I am alone! I have a heavenly Father, a lover of my soul, a Savior who yearns to romance my heart. And I think I'm alone??? I should think twice!
God loves. The fact that he loves is an understatment. His actions constantly yell "I love you" everyday, every moment.
What would happen if I lived as if that was true? As if God, the lover of my soul, who is omnipresent, who tells me he loves me every moment of everyday is always there for me?
I would never feel lonely again.
Lord,
When I begin to think about my foot slipping, you hold me. When I am overwhelmed, your consolations cheer my soul. Your words bring healing. The very fact you give breath is shouting, "I love you". God, I love you too, help me to live like it.
Bethany J