Budgeting with the Limitless...
I really don't know why, but listening to "Patience" by Seabird really got me thinking. Lately I've had to consider God and His Limitless-ness.
God is Limitless...
He has all the time in the world, in fact, He created it. He has all the funding in the world, in fact, He came up with the concept. So why do I budget? Why do I put God in a limited box? If He is limitless, why do I create limits and boundaries for the one who created me? Quite honestly, I don't know.
Up until recently, I have had to make some pretty tough decisions, I still haven't quite made them just yet, but I think I know what the answer will be...
In order for me to give a definite confirmed answer, I need to kind of understand that God is limitless. I am constrained by time, God is not constrained by time. In fact, God can do whatever He wants to do in as much or as little time He wants to do it in. I am constrained by finances, but God owns the whole universe and can decide to fund certain things in my life or not. All I know is, that today is the day to seek the Lord...
Sow for yourselves righteousness;
reap steadfast love;break up your fallow ground,for it is the time to seek the LORD,that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.
(Hosea 10:12 ESV)
I want to encourage you today, remember that God is limitless. Even though we are constrained by time and other things, that God is not. Whether you see His hand or not, He is in control.
Serving a Limitless God,
Bethany J