Helpless

Christmas Day was yesterday. I don't know about you, but I was thinking a lot about how my Savior came into the world. How He was born, what family He was born into, how He was clothed. Stuff like that.. But something occurred to me that I haven't really thought about before.

Christ was helpless.

My Savior, helpless when he came into this polluted, harsh, gross world. What could be more helpless than a baby? A Baby cannot really do anything (except breathe and cry) without assistance. But then it hit me.

I am helpless. My father, the King of Kings is holy. There is nothing I can do without His assistance. I can't even breathe without Him.
   
The Spirit of God has made me,
        and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
(Job 33:4 ESV)

He gives life. He sustains life. He decides whether or not I should live another moment or even another year.

I am helpless without Him.

To think, that my Father, My Lord, sent Himself wrapped up in the form of a helpless baby who would grow up to save this helpless world full of hopeless people.

His Help, My Hope.

What a promise to hold to! I thought I should share that with you. I am thankful for you and for the fact that you've been able to watch the changes this year has unfolded.

Keep going, as long as He's got your breath, keep going for Him.

Bethany J

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17