Willingness and Sacrifice... They go hand in hand.

So, I haven't been writing for a while.. If you haven't already guessed. (; My schedule has been busy and in the midst of it all, God still chooses to use me and teach me regardless of how silly I've been.  However, I have learned a lot of lessons, which have all been quite wonderful in the race of reaching my Jesus, so now I'll share one with you. (:

The Definition of Sacrifice:
• an act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy : we must all be prepared to make sacrifices. (Webster's Dictionary)

In this life, we all need to make sacrifices. They are not fun in anyway, shape, or form. Yet, when we make those sacrifices, they end up being more beneficial in the end once we've gotten over the initial loss (of idea, person, lifestyle).

This past month I've had to make 2 important sacrifices.Who I would love to marry one day, and the job that best suits me and my personality.

A couple of weeks ago I was face with a decision that my boyfriend had to make, deployment. Oh boy, I'm already not at home, trying to get into the swing of things here and you drop a bomb like that on me?!? Thank you very much, I do not appreciate it. Regardless of how I felt at the moment, the Lord had a plan. God really just wanted me to sacrifice. Learning to trust Him and His plan, He's got it under control. (Job 38-41) {PTL, He's not going.. As far as we know! (: }

Last week we were studying the book of Matthew, and the Lord brought to mind the true cost of discipleship.

The cost of following Jesus includes
self- denial, a willingness to die (in every
way), and an on-going active choice to be
and do like the Master.

 This means, even the desires that God placed in my life, I need to give right back to Him.  If I go to university, I'm trusting Him. If I stay at home, I'm trusting Him. If I pass my exam tomorrow, I'm trusting Him. If I take another breath, I'm trusting in Him.
Whatever, Whenever, Where ever... As long as I'm glorifying Him, that's what matters. If that so happens to include getting a Master's Degree in Speech Pathology, then Praise the Lord! If not, then, Praise the Lord! I will still try to work on reaching that, but if it doesn't happen, then I need to be okay with it.

At the end of it all, my boyfriend isn't going anywhere (anytime soon at least), and I'm still working on my studies.

Don't get sad because sacrifice is a scary word. He is our ultimate example of sacrifice. He DIED. Let's be willing, and He'll get the glory.

Thanks for letting me rant (:

Bethany J


Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17