What Friendships look like....

Earlier today I was browsing on Facebook and looking at what my friends are up too. I have quite a lot of "friends" on facebook but those aren't necessarily true friendships. I have younger girls who look up to me on FB, women I look up to on FB, people I've met at school, and people I've met everywhere else. What struck me though, is that with almost every person I'm friends (true friends )with on Facebook, I've journeyed with them in some way or fashion.

In 8th grade, there were about 6 of us girls who always sat together, talked to each other, and listen to each other's complaints and concerns. We told ourselves that we would stick together throughout high school. But unfortunately, I didn't have the pleasure of continuing those friendships. A lot of the time (now a days) I find myself wishing for those friendships again.

However...
If we never went our separate ways, I wouldn't know how to live this life the way I do now. In Romans 6:28 it says; "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

I don't regret the lessons I've learned, but I do regret not being able to watch each of those young women grow. Not being there for when they have hard extenuating circumstances and, not being there to cheer them on in the Lord.

But God has blessed me with friendships that don't "suck the life out of me". I have been replenished by a few close friends who desire (almost) as much as I to grow and sustain in HIM. Man, I'm blessed.. Quite honestly, having a smaller number of friends that desire that you glorify Him in all you do is much better than having a larger number of friends that don't. I thank my Heavenly Father for my friends a lot. <3 Even though I've had to lose some friendships I love, I am thankful that He works it out for my good.

If you are struggling with loss regarding frienships, just remember, He's got your back. (:

Bethany J

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}