Dear Vienna by Owl City

Yes, I'm a sucker for Owl City. All the time.. (:

I regarded the world as such a sad sight
until I viewed it in black and white
and I reviewed every frame and basic shape
and sealed the exits with caution tape

Don't refocus your eyes in the darkness
and don't remember this place unless
I describe all the things that you cannot see
and we'll unravel the mystery

(later in the song)
I am so far out of place watching the stars in outer space
'Cause I am so far, from where you are

Anywho, I was listening to this song rather closely one day and then it hit me. This song actually has a really good message to it amist all the friendly beats. (: And of course, I would love to share this "lightbulb moment" with you..
"I regarded the world as such a sad sight
until I viewed it in black and white
and I reviewed every frame and basic shape
and sealed the exits with caution tape"
My worldview was that of "world is not all that bad.." but if I look through God's word, (in black and white) I can see that this world that I live in is more black (sin) than it is white (holiness/ righteousness/ purity). As in meaning, because Satan is the prince of the air, that would mean that he is in charge of this world.

And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
(Ephesians 2:1; Ephesians 2:2-3 ESV)
Now, knowing this, God in His holiness and perfection can't have this in His presence. I know the fate of the world, it's going to bow down to God (eventually) but for now, I need to take caution and share what I've been made aware of with others.

"Don't refocus your eyes in the darkness
and don't remember this place unless
I describe all the things that you cannot see
and we'll unravel the mystery"

As a child of God, I don't need to be getting used to this world, for this world is not my own.. I need to take guard so that the lies that this world tells me do not influence my relationship with God. I'll use God's word as my viewfinders, and I'll live out those words.

I am so far out of place watching the stars in outer space
'Cause I am so far, from where you are
(This part is my favorite, because it's like a prayer)

God, you made the world for your glory to be shown, and even though Satan is the prince of the air, you still have the upper hand. You made the stars in the sky, and you teach me on a daily basis about you. Oh, how I don't compare. I'm so far from where you are God, you are higher, holier, more perfect, and you show me (sinful, imperfect, me) love.


Oh, yes. *breathes*

I hope you enjoyed that, because now you can listen to Owl City and get all this from one little song. (:

Bethany J

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17