Intolerable...

Funny thing, well I guess it's not because its actually something we all struggle with everyday.. Tolerance. According to the dictionary, Tolerance means "the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with." We say that we're Christians "little Christs" "Christ followers" "Jesus Freaks" but we go along and continue blasting people for what they believe, say, wear, and how they live. There is no where in the Bible where Jesus said: "You must tolerate people as I have tolerated them." "Tolerate one another as I tolerate you.." Right?

Jesus called us to LOVE. You're probably thinking, DUDE I've heard this a million and two times already from church can't you just leave alone? Nope, I can't... I was thinking about this past week and all the times I could have been lifting up by brothers & sisters in Christ better. Man, I wasn't quite ready for the Holy Spirit to lay a smack down on me. :/

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
(John 13:34; John 13:35 ESV)

“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. [13] Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. [14] You are my friends if you do what I command you. [15] No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. [16] You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. [17] These things I command you, so that you will love one another. "
(John 15:12-17 ESV)


[Fulfilling the Law Through Love]
"Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law."
(Romans 13:8 ESV)

Yep. That's what it says... Just wait. Because if you don't love one another, you're devising evil in your heart.

"..do not devise evil in your hearts against one another, and love no false oath, for all these things I hate, declares the LORD.”
(Zechariah 8:17 ESV)

See what I mean? Yes, bear with one another. IN LOVE. Not tolerating them..

"..with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,"
(Ephesians 4:1; Ephesians 4:2 ESV)

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}