You can't give what you don't have...

"(John bore witness about him, and cried out, "This was he of whom I said, He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.") And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace." John 1:17&18

Who has grace? Jesus Christ. He who lives in you...

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. As it is written,

“He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor;
his righteousness endures forever.”

He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God. For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God. By their approval of this service, they will glorify God because of your submission flowing from your confession of the gospel of Christ, and the generosity of your contribution for them and for all others," 2 Corinthians 9:8-13

I was looking for a verse to claim for my time spent at Word of Life and in Argentina. I came across verse 8 and then continued reading.. What I found was something much more than a simple verse to claim, I found a truth that is so simple yet incredible. God supplying my needs....

"And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

Do you realize how amazing this is!?!?? That God would supply the grace I need and everything else I need because of his glory in Christ Jesus. :)

Why grace of all things?
  • I need to be exhibiting grace toward those who don't necessarily agree with me.
  • I need to use grace towards people I don't necessarily like.
  • I need to have grace to show others the love of Christ regardless of my current mood. :)
Oh my goodness! This stuff is amazing! And the fact that all I did was look in God's word and he shows me what I need! (If I use any more exclamation marks, I'm gonna start yelling at the computer hoping you can hear every bit of excitement coming from my typing..)

Man, oh man.. I am irrevocably excited for what God has in store the next couple of months. And quite honestly, I cannot wait! :)

Bethany J

Popular posts from this blog

Listening.

Future Pastor, or Ministry Leader {This One's for You}

You've been assigned.. 1 Corinthians 7:17