Quenched by a fountian of life..
Lately my quiet time has had the phrase "... a fountain of life..." in it quite frequently. So, I decided to see what that phrase meant.
Fountain- means a physical well, or fountain. OR it metaphorically means the indwelling spirit of God, springs, or eternal life. (According to Vine's Expository Dictionary of Old & New Testament words.)
John 4:14 “but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty
again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal
life.’”
In John 4 :14, Jesus uses the word fountain/ spring when he is talking to the samartian woman. in the verse he was referring to the Holy Spirit.
Psalm 36:9 "For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light."
How can we see light? We see God's attributes when the Holy Spirit reveals them to us.
Proverbs 13:14 "The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life, that one may turn away from the snares of death."
I oh-so thoroughly enjoyed sharing this with you. :) I hope you have a marvelous week. I'll make sure to catch up with you soon!
Bethany J
Fountain- means a physical well, or fountain. OR it metaphorically means the indwelling spirit of God, springs, or eternal life. (According to Vine's Expository Dictionary of Old & New Testament words.)
John 4:14 “but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty
again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal
life.’”
In John 4 :14, Jesus uses the word fountain/ spring when he is talking to the samartian woman. in the verse he was referring to the Holy Spirit.
Psalm 36:9 "For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light."
How can we see light? We see God's attributes when the Holy Spirit reveals them to us.
Proverbs 13:14 "The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life, that one may turn away from the snares of death."
Proverbs 14:27 "The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, that one may turn away from the snares of death."
Both in Proverbs 13:14, and in 14:27 they are talking about fountains of life. The Holy Spirit gives us wisdom so that we can fear God. He reveals to us his divine authority, and his attributes in his word. When we understand that, we see how insignificant we are compared to the one who has power over all.
I oh-so thoroughly enjoyed sharing this with you. :) I hope you have a marvelous week. I'll make sure to catch up with you soon!
Bethany J